Authorities find body of missing local man
Search and rescue authorities have located the body of a New Albany insurance agent who was missing since Monday afternoon.
Authorities say that divers found the body of Robert E. (Robby) Hale, 46, an agent with Farm Bureau Insurance, at approximately midnight Tuesday night. The search was centered in Tishomingo County between Eastport and J. P. Coleman State Park.
According to Hilton M. Richey, Farm Bureau agency manager, Hale, his wife Lisa, and son Matt were in a boat trying to return to the dock during strong winds and a thunderstorm.
Richey said they encountered a person struggling in the water and Hale went into the water to help. Hale gave the person his life jacket, and that person was able to reach a boat, Richey said.
Strong winds pushed the boat away from Hale and he disappeared in the extremely rough water of the lake, Richey said.
Richey said Hale, who had worked for Farm Bureau since Dec. 1, 1991, was a stellar agent, “one of the most conscientious I ever known.”
“He was always concerned about his customers,” he said.
“He was dedicated to his family, his church and his work,” Richey added.
Hale was a member of Ingomar Baptist Church.
An official with the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks told television station WTVA that the winds were among the worst he had ever encountered and were responsible for capsizing one boat near the Yellow Creek waterfall, and two more boats on the Alabama portion of Pickwick Lake.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...