Authorities find body of missing local man
Search and rescue authorities have located the body of a New Albany insurance agent who was missing since Monday afternoon.
Authorities say that divers found the body of Robert E. (Robby) Hale, 46, an agent with Farm Bureau Insurance, at approximately midnight Tuesday night. The search was centered in Tishomingo County between Eastport and J. P. Coleman State Park.
According to Hilton M. Richey, Farm Bureau agency manager, Hale, his wife Lisa, and son Matt were in a boat trying to return to the dock during strong winds and a thunderstorm.
Richey said they encountered a person struggling in the water and Hale went into the water to help. Hale gave the person his life jacket, and that person was able to reach a boat, Richey said.
Strong winds pushed the boat away from Hale and he disappeared in the extremely rough water of the lake, Richey said.
Richey said Hale, who had worked for Farm Bureau since Dec. 1, 1991, was a stellar agent, “one of the most conscientious I ever known.”
“He was always concerned about his customers,” he said.
“He was dedicated to his family, his church and his work,” Richey added.
Hale was a member of Ingomar Baptist Church.
An official with the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks told television station WTVA that the winds were among the worst he had ever encountered and were responsible for capsizing one boat near the Yellow Creek waterfall, and two more boats on the Alabama portion of Pickwick Lake.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer