Governor announces Amateur Radio Week
Governor Haley Barbour has proclaimed June 20-26 as Amateur Radio Week in Mississippi.
Beginning at 7:30 a.m. and closing around dusk on Saturday, June 25, 2011, The “Northeast Mississippi Amateur Radio Club (NEMARC)” in Union County will be holding the Amateur Radio Relay League Field Day, which will take place at the Union County Fairgrounds pavilion.
The public and those interested in becoming licensed amateur radio operators are invited to observe these operations.
The public may even assist as certain contacts are made. There are 17 members in the club that comprise of residents from Union, Tippah, and Pontotoc Counties.
There are more than 4,000 licensed amateur radio operators in the state of Mississippi who provide emergency radio communications.
These operators donate their services free of charge to their communities – they are alert and prepared for any emergency, local or worldwide.
The club call sign is NA5MS.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...