West Union gym gets a face lift
West Union will mark the 50th anniversary of the school this fall, and when the celebration takes place in September, the school will also dedicate a remodeled gym, which is receiving an overhaul this summer.
As part of the Union County School District’s effort to improve the gymnasium at each school, West Union is not only getting a new floor, but also new stands, which are currently being placed. The total cost for this project, including the floor, removal of old bleachers and placement of new ones and design tops out at round $125,000 for the district, but this is only the second gym floor the school, as the same one has been in place for the entire duration of the school.
“We mapped out which school needed the work the most, and that was Myrtle two years ago,” Union County Superintendent Ken Basil said. “After that, Ingomar received theirs last summer, and for West Union, the bleachers and floor were both needed this summer. East Union will be the last one worked on, and the board will make a decision after Christmas as to whether they will have theirs placed next summer or if we will wait one more year since their floor and bleachers are currently in good shape.”
The project at West Union is expected to be complete in time for the new school year.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...