West Union’s Bynum signs with BMC golf
Austin Bynum of West Union High School, one of Mississippi’s top high school and junior golfers, on Wednesday signed a scholarship with Blue Mountain College.
“This is a big day for the BMC golf program,” said coach Danny McKenzie. “Austin is both well-known and well-respected around the state. He’ll make our program stronger right away.”
Bynum won the Mississippi Class 1A championship as a junior and finished fourth in this year’s state tournament, both at Beau Pre Golf Club in Natchez. He won the District 2 1A championship four times while at West Union. In addition to several scholastic seasonal tournaments, Bynum also won the Coca-Cola Junior Championship in 2010 and finished in the top 10 at the 2010 Pros of Tomorrow Championship at Tupelo Country Club.
“Austin is talented in all aspects of the game and is an extremely hard-worker,” McKenzie said. “As he continues to improve so will the BMC golf program.”
BMC recently completed its first year of intercollegiate golf, finishing fourth in the NAIA TranSouth Athletic Conference.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...