Wray joins as latest NEMCC baseball signee
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball coach Kent Farris has signed Drew Wray of New Albany and Dillon Payne of Saltillo to his 2011-12 roster.
Wray, a stand-out for the Bulldogs, under the direction of head coach John Walker, was honored as a Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) All-Division 1-4A player as well as to the Super 15 and Division 1-4A Player of the Year.
Wray will play in the infield for Northeast and will look to continue his batting success for the Tigers next season. Wray’s batting average was .491 while he boasted a slugging percentage of .833, on base percentage of .528, and collected 42 runs along with 46 runs batted in.
Payne, a left handed hurler and outfielder, played for Saltillo High School in the 2009-10 season and was honored with a Second Team All-State Class 5-A selection and participated in the MHSAA’s All-Star game. Payne had an earn run average of 2.43 and helped Saltillo’s head coach Johnny Bolen’s squad to a 13-13 overall finish and went 5-4 in division play.
“Both of these kids are going to help our program,” said Farris. “I look forward to them being on campus and getting them out on the diamond.”
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer