Waffle House to locate store on Coulter Drive
One nationally-recognized restaurant chain whose name is the same as its primary product is planning to locate in New Albany.
According to New Albany Building Inspector and Zoning Administrator Mike Armstrong, Waffle House will be building its store at the intersection of Coulter Drive and Highway 30, across the highway from Walgreens.
“I have the plans for their store on my desk,” Armstrong said. “It’ll go in where the old Baskin Robbins was at.”
The first Waffle House restaurant was opened by Joe Rogers, Sr. and Tom Forkner in 1955 in Avondale, Ga. Soon, the company began to expand in Georgia and neighboring states and by the 1960’s, there were 48 restaurants across the Southeastern United States. By 2006, the number of stores had grown to 1,500.
While most famous for its waffles and other breakfast foods, Waffle House also serves other items, such as chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, pork chops and a variety of steaks.
Armstrong said he had not received word yet on when construction would begin on the restaurant.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...