New Albany school board adopts final-exam exemption policy
The school attendance record and the number of tardies a student has will help determine whether a student at New Albany High School will be exempt from their final exam in the 2011-2012 school year.
At the New Albany School Board Monday night, the board agreed to accept the final exemption policy that was proposed by the Faculty Leadership team at NAHS.
This team includes Lee Ann Thompson, Robin Lindsey, Troy Trout, Susan Burchfield, Damon Ladner, and Sandra Pannell.
The policy that the board approved is this: Students that have a “C” average, which must be a grade of 75 or above with perfect attendance in year and semester classes can have no more than two tardies in a year course and no more than one in a semester course; students that have a “B” average, can have no more than two absences in a year course, no more than one in a semester course, no more than four tardies in a year course, and no more than two in a semester course; students who have an “A” average can have no more than four absences in a year course, no more than two absences in a semester course, no more than four tardies in a year course, and no more than two in a semester course.
For exemptions, all absences count, which are excused, unexcused, and medical. The only absences that do not count against students are those that are directly school related, which are administrative absences.
NAHS Principal Lance Evans, said, “The majority of our tardies are in the morning, not between classes.”
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...