Jordan seeks 3rd district supervisor seat
Danny R. Jordan of New Albany has announced his candidacy for re-election as 3rd District supervisor in the Aug. 2 Democratic primary.
A 1968 graduate of East Union Attendance Center, Jordan grew up in the Jericho Community. He attended Northeast Mississippi Community College and was an officer with the Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol before becoming a supervisor.
Currently, Jordan serves as president of the Union County Board of Supervisors, a member of the Three Rivers Planning & Development District Board of Directors and Executive Board, chairman of the district’s finance committee, vice chairman of the P.U.L. Alliance Board of Directors, Member of the Mississippi Partnership Workforce Investment Area Chief Elected Officials Board, vice chairman of the Mississippi Public Entity Worker’s Compensation Trust and Employee Benefit Trust, member of the Mississippi Association of Supervisors Executive Board and member of the Union County Development Association Board of Directors.
Jordan is married to the former Tommie Mitchell of New Albany and together they have two sons, Danny R. Jordan, Jr. and Jason B. Jordan, both of New Albany, as well as four grandchildren. He is the son of the late James and Sarah Jordan of New Albany. He is a member of First Baptist Church.
“It has been an honor for me to serve as your supervisor,” Jordan said. “I would like to continue to serve the people of the 3rd District and aid in the growth and development of Union County.”
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...