Wildman enters Union County sheriff race
James “Bing” Wildman has announced his candidacy for the office of Sheriff of Union County.
A lifelong resident of Union County and the Blue Springs Community, Wildman has 28 years of law enforcement experience. He was previously elected and served three terms as a constable for the county. He served 12 years working for the Union County Sheriff’s office, serving as a deputy and then as chief deputy and investigator under former sheriff Joe Bryant.
Wildman has served 15 years with the New Albany Police Department, first as patrolman, then investigator and currently as assistant chief of police. During his tenures with both the sheriff’s department and the police department, Wildman has also trained others in narcotics and crime scene investigation and other state and federally certified programs.
Wildman is married to Patricia Seger Wildman and together they have two children and two grandchildren. He is an active member of Blue Springs Baptist Church.
Wildman said that, ideally, he would like to see Union County become free of crime and drugs.
“Realistically, that can’t be,” Wildman said. “Where there are drugs there will be crime – burglaries, robberies, murders and domestic violence. If enough pressure is put on the drug dealers and manufactures, we can curb some of the violence.”
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...