NEMCC golf team finishes seventh at Copiah-Lincoln Invitational
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s golf team finished in seventh place at the Copiah-Lincoln Invitational held on March 6-7.
The Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges’ (MACJC) second tour stop of the year proved to be a tough outing for head coach Craig Lauderdale and his golf team.
Northeast posted a 331 on opening day at the Wolf Hollow Country Club on the Co-Lin campus before playing the final round at the Brookhaven Country Club. The Tigers faired better in day two shooting 302 to give them a final score of 633 in the tournament.
Host Colin made the most of playing on its home courses posting scores of 315 and 299 for a total of 615 to take the title.
Austin Holt led the way for Northeast carding the lowest round of the tournament for the Tiger linksters in day two with a 70 after only shooting a 82 in day one. Holt also led the tournament in birdies with 6 and tied for lead in Par-5 scoring at -1.
Trey Maddox tied for the eleventh spot shooting a two-day score of 154 while teammates Easton Cartwright, Garrett Whitehurst, Taylor Tremble, and Blake Conlee completed the team scoring for the Tigers with 161, 166, 177, and 179 respectively.
Northeast will take some time off before heading to the MACJC’s third event of the year at Northeast Creek Golf Course (Horn Lake) in an event hosted by Northwest Community College on March 21-22.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2