Sherman News, March 2, 2011
Congratulations to Zach Gory, a junior at Pontotoc High School, for winning the AP US History Essay Award sponsored by the Sons of the American Revolution. Zach’s history teacher, Tom Audette, anonymously submitted a term paper that Zach had written on the Revolutionary War, specifically taxation. An awards banquet was held recently, and Greg Pegues, president of the local Sons of the American Revolution chapter, presented the award and a savings bond to Zach after having read his essay at the banquet. This past Friday, Zach was informed that he had won the state level for his essay and will go to Jackson for an awards ceremony soon. Zach’s proud parents are John and Christie Gory.
The Sherman Fire Department is hosting an EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) refresher class to be held at 6 p.m., March 7, 10, 15, and 21 in the Sherman Library. This refresher class and 20 hours of education is required every two years. All four nights must be attended to complete the certification. No pre-registration is required, but for more information contact Fire Chief Brad McMurry at 255-6638.
Brotherhood will be at 7 a.m. next Sunday morning, March 6, at Tri-County Baptist.
The Ladies Fellowship will be held at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, March 8, at Tri-County Baptist.
The Disciple Now weekend for the Sherman Baptist youth is scheduled for March 4 and 5.
Sympathy is extended to Danny Ryan and family in the death of his mother, Mary Ann West, 73, who died Feb. 21.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...