Ingomar family loses home in Thursday fire
A family in the Ingomar Community were left without a home after the house they lived in on County Road 47 burned to the ground Thursday evening.
According to Ingomar Volunteer Fire Department Chief Scott Gregory, the home of Kyle and Katie Swords was declared a total loss after firefighters managed to extinguish the flames that evening.
Gregory said that Swords and his three children were at home at the time of the fire.
“What we heard is that Swords and a neighbor both saw it happen,” Gregory said. “He had been at home maybe 20 to 30 minutes at the most when it happened.”
Gregory said that a neighbor saw smoke rising from the Swords’ home.
“The call came in at 6:24 p.m.,” Gregory said.
He said that something inside of Swords’ pickup truck, parked in the carport, caught fire. From there, the flames went into the attic and quickly spread through the house.
“By the time our trucks got there around 6:30 p.m., the fire was already fully-involved,” Gregory said.
He said that Pinedale and Hurricane Fire Departments assisted in bringing it under control at 8 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...