Myrtle News, February 23, 2011
By Lauren Crouch
Hi everyone! This week at Hawk Headquarters we are actually not too busy. However, we do have some upcoming events we would like to recognize.
Our boys’ basketball team won the North Half, and we are very proud of them for bringing us back to the “big house” in Jackson to play on Friday, Feb. 25. We wish the team the best of luck and hope to see a big Myrtle Hawk fan section show up to support them.
Also this Friday, we would like to wish our FBLA club the best of luck when competing at district completion at ICC campus in Tupelo.
Next Tuesday, March 1, our boys and girls will be having their first fast pitch and baseball games. The fast pitch girls will be playing Hickory Flat at home and the baseball boys will be playing Wheeler away. Best of luck to our teams as they begin their season.
In other news, we would like to thank the Union County School Board for the construction of our new library which is now open. We are very proud of it and thankful for the investment in our school.
Last week I shared with you the winners of the who’s who for Myrtle Attendance Center grades 7-12, please remember the pictures for all of them will be March 4.
Also, on March 4 will be the last call to buy a 2010-2011 Hawk yearbook. The cost for this year’s annual will be $40.
That’s all the news for this week. I’m Lauren Crouch telling you that you all should come support our boys at Jackson and stay safe the upcoming week.
Thanks for reading the Hawks News.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...