Ellen Dee’s to feature sports bar and grill atmosphere in New Albany
Despite last year’s downturn in the economy, businesses are booming by the month in the city of New Albany. One such business is the upcoming Ellen Dee’s Bar and Grill, which will be located in the old The Bead Shack building next to Pizza Pit.
Former Wisconsin residents Larry Boyd and Deborah Hutchison came up with the name, which, according to Boyd, is a southern turn on the initials “L & D.” There is actually no persons by the name of Ellen and Dee. Hutchison is the owner of the bar and grill and Boyd will be the general manager.
The couple originally transferred from Wisconsin to New Albany to work for the Ashley Furniture plant in Ecru, then after New Albany got the license to serve beer and light wine, the couple decided that it would be a good time to open up a bar and grill.
Ellen Dee’s will offer new activities and entertainment for New Albany residents and visitors alike. The restaurant will feature a variety of food such as appetizers, hand-pattied hamburgers and cheeseburgers, sloppy joes, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ ribs, hot wings, hand-cut potatoes, and more. Boyd said that all of the food will be prepared fresh.
Every day of the week there will be different food specials. For example, Monday is 50 cent wing day, Tuesday is mexican, Wednesday is italian, Thursday is chicken, Friday night there will be a fish fry, Saturday night is steaks and prime rib, and Sunday is BBQ ribs.
Boyd makes his own homemade BBQ sauce and hot wing sauce and said he might invest in bottling the sauces at a later date. Catering may be a possibility in the future.
In addition to serving fresh food, the bar and grill will also have a wide variety of beer, wine, and wine coolers, alcohol that is allowed to be served at a percentage of five percent or less.
The bar and grill can seat approximately seventy-five people. “We will have 15 TVs that will have 15 different sporting events on at all times, there will be live music every Saturday night, karaoke every other Friday night, and once every six weeks we plan to have a comedy act come and perform,” said Boyd.
The plan is to open in February. A ribbon cutting ceremony and open house will be announced at a later date. The address is 610 West Bankhead Street and Ellen Dee’s Bar and Grill’s phone number is (662) 534-2255.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...