Ellen Dee’s to feature sports bar and grill atmosphere in New Albany
Despite last year’s downturn in the economy, businesses are booming by the month in the city of New Albany. One such business is the upcoming Ellen Dee’s Bar and Grill, which will be located in the old The Bead Shack building next to Pizza Pit.
Former Wisconsin residents Larry Boyd and Deborah Hutchison came up with the name, which, according to Boyd, is a southern turn on the initials “L & D.” There is actually no persons by the name of Ellen and Dee. Hutchison is the owner of the bar and grill and Boyd will be the general manager.
The couple originally transferred from Wisconsin to New Albany to work for the Ashley Furniture plant in Ecru, then after New Albany got the license to serve beer and light wine, the couple decided that it would be a good time to open up a bar and grill.
Ellen Dee’s will offer new activities and entertainment for New Albany residents and visitors alike. The restaurant will feature a variety of food such as appetizers, hand-pattied hamburgers and cheeseburgers, sloppy joes, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ ribs, hot wings, hand-cut potatoes, and more. Boyd said that all of the food will be prepared fresh.
Every day of the week there will be different food specials. For example, Monday is 50 cent wing day, Tuesday is mexican, Wednesday is italian, Thursday is chicken, Friday night there will be a fish fry, Saturday night is steaks and prime rib, and Sunday is BBQ ribs.
Boyd makes his own homemade BBQ sauce and hot wing sauce and said he might invest in bottling the sauces at a later date. Catering may be a possibility in the future.
In addition to serving fresh food, the bar and grill will also have a wide variety of beer, wine, and wine coolers, alcohol that is allowed to be served at a percentage of five percent or less.
The bar and grill can seat approximately seventy-five people. “We will have 15 TVs that will have 15 different sporting events on at all times, there will be live music every Saturday night, karaoke every other Friday night, and once every six weeks we plan to have a comedy act come and perform,” said Boyd.
The plan is to open in February. A ribbon cutting ceremony and open house will be announced at a later date. The address is 610 West Bankhead Street and Ellen Dee’s Bar and Grill’s phone number is (662) 534-2255.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer