Moser named Dean of Students at BMC
Jack Moser, a member of the Blue Mountain College faculty for more than 20 years, has been named the college’s Dean of Enrollment Services and Student Life/Dean of Students. His appointment is effective Jan. 1.
Moser, associate professor of physical education and assistant men’s basketball coach, will fill the position when Becky Bennett retires Dec. 31 after more than 31 years at BMC.
“Jack Moser knows the very heart and soul of Blue Mountain College, and he has demonstrated unwavering commitment to our students’ welfare during his tenure here,” said Dr. Bettye Rogers Coward, BMC president. “He is positioned to provide leadership in student affairs at a very important time of growth at BMC.”
Moser, who earned both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in mathematics education at Delta State University, also served as BMC’s women’s basketball coach for 17 years from 1989-2006. He was named TranSouth Athletic Conference co-coach of the year in 2002.
Prior to joining Blue Mountain, he served in various capacities as principal, teacher and coach for eight years at Pillow Academy in Greenwood, Miss. His boys’ team won the Mississippi Private Schools Association Class AAA championship in 1983, and while in Greenwood he earned his certificate of secondary administration from Delta State. He also has done additional graduate work at the University of Mississippi.
His wife, Tracy, is the Director of the Baptist Student Union at BMC.
“I’m really excited about this opportunity, and at the same time very humbled,” Moser said. “This is a great situation for Tracy and me, and we’re excited about where the Lord is leading us. BMC is definitely growing and we look forward to being a part of its continued growth.”
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...