Eastern Lights for Dec. 24, 2010
By Loretta Easley
A very Merry Christmas to all of you. When most of you read this it will be Christmas Eve and you will be entertaining your families with food and presents.
The Christmas program, “The Night Before Christmas” was presented by the children of all ages Sunday night and was very good. There was a good turnout. Some came from Southaven and some from Water Valley.
Betty Smith, Johnny Owen, James and Teen Hodges and Loretta Easley attended the funeral for Mrs. Mattie Mauney, mother of Georgia Hodges at Lowery Methodist Church in Tippah County Tuesday. The church was packed.
Word came Saturday that M.D. “Whitey” White had died early that day. Arrangements are incomplete at this time. He is another one of our World War II Veterans.
Happy birthday to Baliegh Hogue on Dec. 26th, to Jean South, Linda Jarvis and Sherry Richey on Dec. 29th and to Steven Jarvis and Robert Frazier on Dec. 31st.
Robert, Robbie, Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier, Amy, Will and Jamie McCullough and Loretta Easley went to Dry Creek to help Anne Glidewell celebrate her birthday Saturday.
Mr. Olivet Methodist gave their Christmas program Sunday afternoon which was very good. They also had finger foods after the program.
Ann Pannell spent several days at Baptist Memorial Hospital – Union County last week. She is some better and resting at home.
Here’s wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas. May all your days be merry and bright and may God bless all of you with good health.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...