Water Valley takes two against West Union
A physical game went in favor of Water Valley, as the Lady Blue Devils defeated West Union, 47-32, on Tuesday.
The Lady Devils used the free throw line in the win, connecting on 14–of-22 shots from the penalty stripe, capitalizing on 21 West Union fouls.
Courtney Phillips led the Lady Devils in the first quarter, scoring 10 of her team’s 12 points. With the game tied at 10, Ashley Phillips broke the tie at the end of the frame.
The free throws came in handy, helping the Lady Devils maintain their lead in the second quarter before Bailey Bogue’s basket gave West Union the lead, 19-18. At that point, Water Valley went on a 6-0 run to end the half with a 24-19 advantage.
In the third, Leah Paige Goolsby made it a three-point game, 29-26, but Water Valley utilized the foul situation, connecting on all six free throw attempts by Courtney Phillips, and the Lady Devils held a 35-28 lead heading into the fourth.
Water Valley outscored the Lady Eagles 12-4 in the final frame, starting with a 7-0 run to seal the win. The Lady Blue Devils were led by Courtney Phillips with 25 points, followed by Haley Vance with 11 (three triples in the second half).
For West Union, Hannah McQuary led with 10 points.
Water Valley 70 West Union 34 (boys)
Water Valley capitalized off of early runs to defeat West Union, 70-34 on Tuesday.
Fred McGee put the Devils up early, 18-6, and Water Valley hit four triples in the first half, including one by Matt Dalton right at the half.
Dalton led the Devils with 11 points, followed by T.J. Sims and E.J. Bounds with 10 points each.
Chase Taylor led the Eagles with 10 points.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...