Have a safe holiday time
Holiday party season is here and at many parties there will be beer, wine or liquor. So, it’s a good time to remind ourselves that if we drink, drink responsibly.
Don’t let that beer or glass of wine with dinner turn into more than that, and a blood alcohol content that could impair your driving.
Last December 753 people were killed across the country in crashes that involved a driver or motorcycle rider with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher. That’s the amount to be considered driving while intoxicated in most states, including Mississippi.
“We know that the holiday season can be one of the deadliest and most dangerous times on roadways, due to an increase in drunk driving,” New Albany Police Chief David Grisham said.
Grisham said that everyone needs to plan a safe way home before going to a holiday party and that includes designating a sober drive. If such a driver is unavailable, call a sober friend or family member for a ride.
Don’t become part of the drinking-driver problem. And don’t agree to ride home with someone who has had too much to drink.
Law enforcement officials will be out in force during the holidays to help keep our roads safe.
If you drink alcohol, do so responsibly, and have a safe and sane holiday season.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...