Sherman News, December 8, 2010
Sherman’s Christmas parade was held Saturday, December 4, with a large turnout. Thank you to the judges who awarded trophies to several parade participants. Congratulations to the following winners: In the business division – Sims Metal Management won 1st, Sherman Drugs won 2nd, and Lower Crossing Medical won 3rd place. In the church division – Sherman Baptist won 1st, Endville Baptist won 2nd, and Sherman Grove won 3rd. In the club division – Lee County 4-H won 1st and Town of Sherman won 2nd. In the horses division, Cedar Grove Stables won 1st and Lower Crossing won 2nd
In the novelty division, Little Miss Tupelo Ambassador won 1st and Sherman Drugs won 2nd. The overall sports car award went to the Corvette Club. And the Best Overall trophy went to Lee County 4-H. Thank you to everyone who participated and helped make the Sherman Christmas parade so successful. Former Town Clerk Betty Duke served as the Grand Marshall of the parade.
Brotherhood was held at 7 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 5, at Tri-County Baptist Church.
The Tri-County Baptist Ladies Fellowship was held at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 7.
The Tri-County Baptist youth’s Christmas program will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 12.
A special thanks to everyone who helped with the Christmas Float. Sherman Baptist Church won 1st place in the church category. The float was also in the Pontotoc parade Monday night, Dec. 6.
The Sherman Baptist Children’s choir program “Miracle on Main Street – – The Little Pageant that Wouldn’t Give Up” will be at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 8.
The Sherman Baptist Church’s goal for the Lottie Moon Christmas offering is $1,500 for the month of December.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...