East Union News, December 8, 2010
Hello, everyone in Urchinville! I trust everyone had a great week last
week. Topping off our news is the sports action this week. The high
school Lady Urchins and Urchins will play their first division
basketball game of the year at home this Tuesday, December 7, against
the Walnut Wildcats. Action starts at 5:00 p.m. with the junior varsity
boys playing prior to the varsity girls' game at 6, with the varsity
boys' game following. Thursday, December 9, the East Union varsity
bowling team will compete with West Union at Rebel Lanes. The jr. high
Lady Urchins and Urchins will face off against West Union Thursday,
December 9. The first game is at 5:30 p.m.. Show your Urchin pride and
support your athletics teams this week! The Jr. Beta club is selling
long- sleeved East Union shirts. Orders are due by Friday, December 10.
See Mrs. Garrett for more information or an order form. There has been a
schedule change regarding the annual school-wide Reading Fair. The
Reading Fair has been rescheduled for Friday, January 14, in the
Henderson Building. Competition begins at 8:30 a.m.. Don't forget the
Relay For Life project going on all year. Students, I encourage you to
purchase a footprint for one dollar. Support this worthy cause and
purchase one today! I would like to close this week's news with one of
my favorite Bible verses: “The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom
shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be
afraid?”-Psalm 27:1. This verse has brought me so much comfort in my own
times of tribulation. Remember this week that no matter what problems
you may be facing this week, God is there with open arms. Lean on Him
for strength and support. Have a great week, Urchins!
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...