‘Sharing at Christmas’ aid reaches $2,500
Gazette readers have contributed $2,565 to far toward the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County.
The goal for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazatte with the help of many community volunteers, is $20,000. The program provides about 250 families with food assistance and toys for their children.
Each selected family will receive a large box of food. Families with children in the home also will receive age-appropriate toys. The boxes will be delivered to families a few days before Christmas.
The Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program accepts non-tax deductible donations of money and new toys from individuals, businesses and civic groups. All of the money collected goes to help those in need; no administrative costs are incurred.
A donation coupon appears in each issue of the Gazette. Names of those who donate, along with the donation amount, will appear in a list in each issue of the Gazette until after Christmas.
Readers also may make a donation in honor of another person, in memory of someone, or may have their donation listed as anonymous. Just check the desired box on the newspaper coupon.
The donation, along with the donation coupon, may be mailed to Sharing at Christmas, P.O. Box 300, New Albany, MS 38652 or dropped off at the Gazette office.
The list of donors so far to the campaign:
Dr. and Mrs. Eric Frohn, $300.
Dr. and Mrs. James Thornton, in honor of Dr. Bruce Bullwinklw, $50.
Mr. and Mrs. Tommy Dodds, in memory of W.C. and Azie Lee Dodds, $100.
Emma Hillebrecht, in memory of Albert and Pauline Neumann, $50.
Anonymous, in memory of Joe Byers, $100.
Metal Management Mississippi, $500.
Marshall and Shelia Robbins, $250.
Helen and W.T. Bennett, $100.
Patty Barmer, toys.
Neta Thompson, toys
Lane and Marilyn Austin Heard, in honor of Mavis Heard, $100.
Doris Jackson, in memory of Virgil Jackson, $20.
Calvary Methodist Church Men’s Club, $250.
Frances L. Gardner, $25.
Anonymous, in memory of Sonny Faulkner, $25.
Anonymous, in memory of Dwight Williams, $25.
Rusty Killough, $20.
Anne J. Stephens, $100.
Junta Club, $50.
Zion Baptist Church, $200.
Margaret/Martha Swain, $40.
Jimmy Lindsey, $25.
David and Lynda Coleman, in memory of Paul Coleman, $50.
Wayne and Jenny Mitchell, $50.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...