Donations for ‘Sharing’ come in steadily
As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, Gazette readers have contributed $1,115 to far toward the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program that provides holiday help for families in need in Union County.
The goal for the program, sponsored by the New Albany Gazatte with the help of many community volunteers, is $20,000. The program provides about 250 families with food assistance and toys for their children.
Each selected family will receive a large box of food. Families with children in the home also will receive age-appropriate toys. The boxes will be delivered to families a few days before Christmas.
The Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program accepts non-tax deductible donations of money and new toys from individuals, businesses and civic groups. All of the money collected goes to help those in need; no administrative costs are incurred.
A donation coupon appears in each issue of the Gazette. Names of those who donate, along with the donation amount, will appear in a list in each issue of the Gazette until after Christmas.
Readers also may make a donation in honor of another person, in memory of someone, or may have their donation listed as anonymous. Just check the desired box on the newspaper coupon.
The donation, along with the donation coupon, may be mailed to Sharing at Christmas, P.O. Box 300, New Albany, MS 38652 or dropped off at the Gazette office.
The list of donors so far to the campaign:
Helen and W.T. Bennett, $100.
Patty Barmer, toys.
Neta Thompson, toys
Lane and Marilyn Austin Heard, in memory of Mavis Heard, $100.
Doris Jackson, in memory of Virgil Jackson, $20.
Calvary Methodist Church Men’s Club, $250.
Frances L. Gardner, $25.
Anonymous, in memory of Sonny Faulkner, $25.
Anonymous, in memory of Dwight Williams, $25.
Rusty Killough, $20.
Anne J. Stephens, $100.
Junta Club, $50.
Zion Baptist Church, $200.
Margaret/Martha Swain, $40.
Jimmy Lindsey, $25.
David and Lynda Coleman, in memory of Paul Coleman, $50.
Wayne and Jenny Mitchell, $50.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...