Sherman News, November 10, 2010
Sherman is proud to have four election holders who are very good at their jobs. Last Tuesday, Nov. 2, Catherine Parks, Joyce Parks, Wayne Turner, and Jane Westmoreland worked the election all day in an efficient, dedicated, and accommodating way. Thank you for your hard work.
The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department handed out 150 bags of information, pencils, and candy Saturday night, Oct. 30, to trick or treaters. All of the children enjoyed Sparky the Fire Dog and getting their photo made with him and the fire truck.
Fire Chief Brad McMurry stated that the burn ban for Pontotoc County has been lifted.
Mark your calendars: Sherman’s Christmas parade will be Saturday, Dec. 4.
The Annual Birthday Tea Singing will be held Nov. 13 at Sherman Grove Baptist Church at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited to participate.
Brotherhood was held Sunday, November 7, at Tri-County Baptist.
Bro. Rob Chitham from Algoma was the guest speaker Sunday, Nov. 7, for both services at Tri-County Baptist.
Ladies Fellowship was Tuesday, Nov. 9, at Tri-County Baptist.
First Sunday was held Nov. 7 at Sherman Church of Christ with a fellowship lunch being held after the morning worship service.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Mattie Alice Eliza Harris, 52, who died Friday, Oct. 29, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2