Sherman News, November 10, 2010
Sherman is proud to have four election holders who are very good at their jobs. Last Tuesday, Nov. 2, Catherine Parks, Joyce Parks, Wayne Turner, and Jane Westmoreland worked the election all day in an efficient, dedicated, and accommodating way. Thank you for your hard work.
The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department handed out 150 bags of information, pencils, and candy Saturday night, Oct. 30, to trick or treaters. All of the children enjoyed Sparky the Fire Dog and getting their photo made with him and the fire truck.
Fire Chief Brad McMurry stated that the burn ban for Pontotoc County has been lifted.
Mark your calendars: Sherman’s Christmas parade will be Saturday, Dec. 4.
The Annual Birthday Tea Singing will be held Nov. 13 at Sherman Grove Baptist Church at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited to participate.
Brotherhood was held Sunday, November 7, at Tri-County Baptist.
Bro. Rob Chitham from Algoma was the guest speaker Sunday, Nov. 7, for both services at Tri-County Baptist.
Ladies Fellowship was Tuesday, Nov. 9, at Tri-County Baptist.
First Sunday was held Nov. 7 at Sherman Church of Christ with a fellowship lunch being held after the morning worship service.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Mattie Alice Eliza Harris, 52, who died Friday, Oct. 29, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...