Historic Northside District Garden Club, November 10, 2010
The Historic Northside District Garden Club met on Oct. 28, 2010, at the home of Lynn Madden. Fourteen members and two guests enjoyed soup, cornbread, and “dirt cake” with gummy worms provided by co hostesses Lynn Madden, Cadis Johnson and Lanta Craig. Members present were Anita Buster, Ninabeth Capaning, Lanta Craig, Jane Gadd, Betty Inis, Cadis Johnson, Lynn Madden, Marci Lindsey, Jan McMillin, Sandy Shaddinger, Jill Smith, Jane Weigartner, Veronica Wiseman, and Leta Perkins.
Guests, Janet and Tim Burress, presented the program for the evening. Members participated in a version of “Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?” There were many laughs and most of us agreed we were NOT smarter than a fifth grader. Next each member built their own mini compost shoe box complete with worms. We were instructed on what to “feed” and “not feed” our boxes and how to apply these instructions if making a large compost pile in our yards.
After the program Veronica Wiseman, President, called the meeting to order. A report was given on the district meeting in West Point. Five members attended and our club was awarded Honor Roll status. Jill Smith gave a report on the status of the Historic District signs we will be purchasing. We hope to put them in three locations indicating entrance into the Historic District.
The Woodsy Owl/Smokey Bear poster entries from West Union School have been judged and sent in. Our November meeting will be an auction. Members are asked to bring recycled items or homemade food items for auction. Our December meeting will be our eleventh annual Christmas Coffee at New Haven School on December 18th. Co chairmen are Jill Smith and Anita Buster. Lynn Madden will let the club know when help is needed with decorations at the museum.
The meeting was adjourned to meet on November 18th at the Creative Union.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...