Give to the United Way
The United Way of Northeast Mississippi has reached 67 percent of its $2,150,000 goal across the seven counties in which it operates.
But here in Union County we still have inadequate participation from businesses and industries, the backbone of the payroll-deduction giving program that the United Way depends on for the bulk of its donations.
The United Way has contributed $91,550 to agencies for the benefit of Union Countians this year. The largest benefactors were the Boys and Girls Clubs with $20,000, Good Samaritan Food Pantry of Union County with $16,000, the New Haven School with $11,000, and the American Red Cross of Union County with $8,000. Nineteen other agencies shared the rest.
We hope Union Countians will increase their contributions this year so even more money will be available next year to serve those in need. All of the money allocated back to Union County comes from contributions made from our county.
There’s still plenty of time to support this year’s campaign, either as a business or as an individual. You can call 662-539-0018 and the United Way will be happy to help you.
A number of worthwhile programs in our area depend on your support and many of them get that support through the United Way. We urge you to give if you can.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer