Hurricane News, November 3, 2010
The beautiful, fall foliage from the flat woods to the hill country at the western edge of the community is a sure sign that winter is on the way. It was an exciting month for the community during the past few weeks as visitors to the corn maze at Shady Grove and to the haunted forest at Hurricane made for busy traffic during October.
Congratulations to Megan Hooker, CNP who was voted in the Gazette polls “Best of the Best” nurse practitioner from The Internal Medicine Clinic for the second year in a row.
There will be a Harvest Day fellowship meal at Hurricane Baptist Church on Nov. 21 Pastor is Bro. Philip Brock.
Charlotte(Holden)Hooker of Thaxton was honored with a party at the home of Kim and Robert Gilliam for her 93rd birthday on Oct. 30 with her children Janice Turner and Graden Hooker also hosting the event.
She attended the evening service at Hurricane Baptist on Oct. 31 with our family and the congregation sang happy birthday to “Mama Hook”.
Phil, Stephenie, Mary-Colston, and Gracie Warren hosted a hay ride and pizza party at W & W Farm on Oct. 31 for youth in the neighborhood.
Milestones in the community: Billy W. Todd of Fulton celebrated his 80th birthday in September. Billy is the son of the late Bill and Vance(Bell)Todd of Hurricane and a graduate of the Class of 1950. He taught at ICC and then worked at NPAC as guidance counselor for a number of years. Hats off to this former resident and educator.
Birthday wishes to Marley Williams and to Clarenda Parrish.
Terry and Debbie Norwood of Etta were featured in the Northeast Power Association Newsletter for their sorghum mill at Rocky Ford.
Bro. Steve Parrish was the guest speaker for the men’s prayer breakfast of Saturday, Oct. 30 at Hurricane Baptist.
Congratulations to Aden Hooker of Booneville who was selected as a top five beauty from grades 1-2.
Nellie(Ashley)Sandroni of Shaw called last Saturday as she had missed Dotsy Williamson at the Delta State reunion and learned of my dad Warren Norwood’s death there. She visits the community at the Ashley home at Lone Star frequently and keeps in touch with her classmates of the Class of 1953 from Hurricane High. She was an All-Star player for the girls basketball team from 1949-53.
Cade and Nolie Carlock of Lubbock, Texas, sent an announcement that their daughter Mylie Jo Carlock was born on Oct. 8. She is the latest addition to our extended Warren-Graham family and the granddaughter of Tom and Debbie(Graham)Carlock and the great-granddaughter of Bob and Wanza Graham, also of Texas.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Ralph L. Stevens who was the husband of Robbie Stevens of Poolville.
Mr. Ralph is the uncle of Linda(Bobby Clay)Russell of Old Union.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Vida Lou Sandford of New Albany who was a descendant of the Rayburn-Williams family of Hurricane.
Get well wishes to Agnes Payne.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Graham R. Russell of Sand Springs who was the husband of Ruth(Allred)Graham for 60 years. He was a retired highway patrolman, and the honor guard for these officers led the procession and closed out the end of the line at they proceeded to Sand Springs Cemetery. His mother, the late Ida(Mrs.Gene)Russell served as news correspondent for the community.
About Chris Elkins
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...