Saturday is the last day for ‘Sharing’ sign ups
Donations are now being accepted for the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program, which will be provide about 250 families with holiday food and toys for their children.
Applications to receive assistance must be turned in to the New Albany Gazette office, 713 Carter Ave., by 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 6. No phone, mail or e-mail applications will be accepted.
Forms are available at the Gazette, New Albany City Hall, the Union County Chancery Clerk’s office and at any city or county public school.
Each selected family will receive a large box of food. Families with children in the home also will receive age-appropriate toys. The boxes will be delivered to families a few days before Christmas.
A fundraising goal of $20,000 has been set for this year’s campaign.
The Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program accepts non-tax deductible donations of money and new toys from individuals, businesses and civic groups.
A donation coupon will appear in each issue of the Gazette. Names of those who donate, along with the donation amount, will appear in a list in each issue of the Gazette until after Christmas.
Readers also may make a donation in honor of another person, in memory of someone, or may have their donation listed as anonymous. Just check the desired box on the newspaper coupon.
The donation, along with the donation coupon, may be mailed to Sharing at Christmas, P.O. Box 300, New Albany, MS 38652 or dropped off at the Gazette office.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...