More good jobs news
The New Albany economy got a boost last week with the announcement by Diversity-Vuteq that it will begin hiring for its new plant in the Martintown Industrial Park.
The facility, which has stood as a shell for months while awaiting a decision by Toyota to proceed with its assembly plant at Blue Springs, will be completed soon. A concrete floor needs to be poured in the building before machinery can be installed.
Diversity-Vuteq New Albany President Chris Spence said 10 injection-molding machines will be installed before the plant begins producing parts for the Toyota Corolla, which will be assembled by Toyota here in Union County.
Spence said more than 400 people will be hired to work for Diversity-Vuteq at the New Albany plant and at the Blue Springs assembly plant.
A few employees will be hired in November, with the remainder joining the company between Nov. 15 and next September, he said.
Applications are being taken through Friday at a WIN Job Center mobile unit at the Union County Development Association office on Bankhead Street. Applications are being taken from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. through Thursday and 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Friday. The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is overseeing the hiring process.
The New Albany plant is expected to produce interior plastic parts for the Corolla, as well as some glass assembly, Spence said.
The announcement by Vuteq is another sign that the economy in our area is improving and that 2011 will be a good business year in Union County.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...