Sherman News, October 27, 2010
Cravin’ Catfish will be sponsoring a “Thanksgiving Day Lunch” from 11 a.m. through 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 25, at the restaurant. They will be serving a “traditional” Thanksgiving lunch for both dine-in and carry out (only for the churches who notify in advance) lunches.
Owners Gerald and Becky Hegan are providing the free meal because “we wish to share a small token of His blessings with the less fortunate and those who are in need.”
For more information, contact the Hegans at Cravin’ Catfish at 620-7762 and leave a message. Please do not call Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays after noon, as these are their business hours.
The youth had a Halloween party with hotdogs and hunting for candy Wednesday night, Oct. 20, at Tri-County Baptist.
Tri-County Baptist will have a 5th Sunday singing October 31. Lunch will be served following the morning worship service, and the Williams family will be singing after a chili lunch. Services will be canceled for that evening.
A Walk a Thon for Jesus is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 6, and those interested can register on Saturdays at Sherman Grove at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Vicki Armstrong at 507-5552 or Audrey McGee at 538-0890.
Sherman Baptist members will be giving out Halloween tracts in front of the church Saturday, Oct. 30.
The Gospel Meeting was held Sunday through Wednesday, Oct. 17 to 20, at Sherman Church of Christ. The preacher was Charles Curtis from Corinth.
Sherman Church of Christ is planning an October 30 fall festival at the church.
First Sunday will be held Nov. 7 at Sherman Church of Christ with a fellowship lunch being held after the morning worship service.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...