Quinn named presenter at ‘Mississippi Writers: Alive and Well’ program
The Mississippi Humanities Council and the Itawamba Community College Honors Council will present “Mississippi Writers: Alive and Well” at 6 p.m., Oct. 21.
Blue Mountain College Learning Center Director Anna Quinn of New Albany will present the event in the Crubaugh Technical Education seminar room at the ICC Fulton campus.
Quinn, a recently retired English teacher, has taught in the public and private schools of Mississippi for 39 years. She earned the bachelor’s degree from Blue Mountain College and the master’s degree in English from the University of Mississippi as well as additional work in the area of composition and rhetoric.
Quinn also serves as a consultant in writing with the University of Mississippi Writing Project. During her teaching career, she received numerous awards including Star Teacher of New Albany High School twice, Master Teacher at Northeast Mississippi Community College and Most Outstanding Faculty Member at Blue Mountain College in 2002.
In her retirement, she works part-time at Blue Mountain as interim director of the Learning Center and teaches a class of English composition each semester. She has worked as a volunteer with the Tallahatchie RiverFest literary activities since its inception. She is serving her second year of a three-year term as executive director of the Southern Literary Festival Association, and the next festival will be at Blue Mountain College in the spring of 2011. She is married to retired New Albany Schools superintendent Kenneth Quinn. They have two children, Sherri Bullard and Charles Quinn, and one grandchild, Natalie Bullard.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...