Lady Toppers sweep Rust to end fall season
Blue Mountain College wrapped up its first fall softball season at the SportsPlex here recently with a doubleheader sweep of Rust College, 10-0 and 11-0.
The Lady Toppers pitching duo of Haylei Plummer and Meggin Nelson held the Lady Bearcats to only one hit in the two games.
Nelson, 2-0, and Beckham combined for a no-hitter in the first game and Beckham, 1-0, fired a one-hitter in the nightcap. Beckham chalked up 9 strikeouts in the three-inning second game.
The Lady Toppers finished their fall season with a 3-0-1 record that left Coach Kevin Barefield pleased.
“Our goal from the very beginning was to improve each game, and we did that,” Barefield said. “Our intensity on the field was really sharp, and I was really happy with the way we came together as a team in our first season ever.”
In the opening game, Haylei Plummer had three hits, and Kayleigh Thaxton, Heather Noe and Anna Hamilton each had two hits for the Lady Toppers. Plummer, Hamilton, Kelsey Nelson and Lizzy Sherard each had a double and Noe had a triple.
In the second game, Jessica Bumpus, Kelsey Nelson and Thaxton each had three hits – including two doubles each by Thaxton and Bumpus.
“Now, we’ll concentrate on conditioning until we start playing again in February, and we’ll also really get back into recruiting. But I couldn’t be happier with our start.”
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...