BMC hosts high school cross country meet
Danielle Cobb of Baldwyn led the home-schooled Spartans Running Club to the girls title in the Blue Mountain College High School Invitational cross country meet Saturday, and Luke Hatcher of Pontotoc led the Warriors to the boys championship.
Cobb finished the 5k race with a time of 21:16.46 for the girls title over Katy McAuley of Pontotoc (21:26.16), Martha Chunn of the Spartans (21:38.76, Shelbi Barnes of Kossuth (21:40.37) and Robin Shumaker of Pontotoc (21:54.64)
Hatcher took the boys 5k race in 17:59.31, well ahead of Brian McDonnieal of Corinth (18:26.95), Simon Poppelreiter of Saltillo (18:31.99; Kyle Suitor of Kossuth (18:40.55), and Zach Seneff of Caledonia (18:44.03).
The Spartans captured the girls team title with 34 points, followed by Saltillo with 45, Pontotoc with 51 and Corinth with 86. Pontotoc won the boys team championship with 32 points, followed by Corinth with 50, Saltillo with 57 and East Union with 95.
In the girls junior varsity 2-mile race, Hanna Step of Pontotoc won the girls competition with a time of 14:40.96, and Pontotoc won the team title. Saltillo won the boys junior varsity title while Jacob Ferguson of Pontotoc won the individual championship with a time of 13:07.41.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer