UC falls at Belmont
Union County JV found the intensity they had in their opening game against Ripley, defeating Belmont on the road, 14-8, on Tuesday.
Broderick Montgomery and Jonathan Thomas each had scores for UC, after finding themselves down early in the game.
“We were down 8-6 and had the ball fourth and goal and couldn’t punch it in,” UC head coach Scott Duley said. “Our defense held up on the next possession and we were able to go in and score and maintained that lead to win the game.”
Belmont had three turnovers, all forced by Montgomery, who stepped up again for UC.
“He had a tremendous game” Duley said of Montgomery. “Defensively, we took the ball away three times in a row, so I’m pleased with our effort on both sides of the ball.”
The junior high squad saw much improvement from their first game, despite falling 32-0 to Belmont.
“They played better, and the main positive we’re taking from this is that we had no turnovers,” Duley said.
“We had some big plays on our first possession, but we lost Ty McDonald (starting QB and DE), which hurt us early. We didn’t have anyone to back him up.”
Junior high will next play New Albany on Monday, and junior varsity will host Jumpertown next Thursday at Kitchens’ Field.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...