Liberty School News, September 10, 2010
The Aug. 17 meeting of Liberty School began with a welcome to the 30 attendees by Lil Grisham. Bro. Doug Raines gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner.
In the business session, Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting and Joyce Fitzgerald gave the financial report. Ms. Grisham also gave an “Appreciation Time” for attendees to express their appreciation for someone or something. Ms. Grisham also recognized a “thank-you” and donation to the school from the Fitzgerald family. The families of Betty Huffstatler and Idelle Rakestraw Crumpton expressed their thanks for being provided a meal following the funerals of their loved ones. Mrs. Crumpton attended Liberty School (1925).
Bobby Henry provided the program for the evening. In the program, he showed and described a video and beautiful pictures of Sedona, Ariz., the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Crater Lake, the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert. The pictures and video were taken on a 2009 vacation/conference trip with his wife, Frances, his daughter, Suzette and his sister, Lorraine to Phoenix, Ariz. Phoenix was an alternate location for the annual Quality Life Association Conference.
August anniversaries include: Lucille and Ray Fitzgerald (68 years), Jane and David Raines (60 years) and Kay and Charlie Sappington (38 years). August birthdays include: Roy Caldwell, Norman Dunlap, Ottis Dunlap, Roy May, James Stout and Barry Strawn. Cody Pilcher was a visitor at the meeting. Frances Dunson and Sarah Farris were recognized and welcomed as new members.
Get well wishes were extended to Mabel Downs, Dale Dunlap, Ruby Lee Dunlap, Lopez Gilley, Frances and Virgil Herring and Frances Wigington. David Crumpton led a prayer remembering those who were sick.
The Liberty School annual reunion and covered-dish meal will be held from 2 until 5 p.m., Oct. 9, 2010. Entertainment will be provided by “Southern Comfort.”
The September meeting and covered-dish dinner will be held at 6 p.m., Sept. 21, 2010. Entertainment will be provided. Everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...