Boys and Girls Club event raises $92,000
Comcast’s Dance Like the Stars raised more than $92,000 for Boys & Girls Clubs of North Mississippi. The fifth annual event was held August 28that the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo.
Nine local celebrities competed for the titles of Grand Champion and Judges’ Choice. Each celebrity was paired with a dance professional to learn and perform a ballroom dance routine.
Grace Clark, from Tupelo, took home the title of Grand Champion by raising over $17,000. Dr. Jayant Dey, of Tupelo came in second with over $14,000 and New Albany’s Stephen Garrett raised nearly $12,000 to come in third. Celebrity judges awarded the first place award to Susan Presley of Tupelo. Second place in the judges’ choice category went to Stephen Garrett and Dr. Jayant Dey came in third.
The 2010 Celebrity Dancers were: Chip Ashford, Grace Clark, Dr. Jayant Dey, Matt Gillis, Susan Presley and Jason Warren all of Tupelo; Stephen Garrett of New Albany, Jason Harrison of Ripley, and Gary Hancock of Houston.
The money that Garrett raised for New Albany is going into the general operations fund for the Boys and Girls Club Clubhouse in New Albany.
Garrett is the son of Mark and Cathy Garrett of New Albany.
For more information, please call 662-841-6504, or visit www.bgcnms.org.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...