NAHS News, September 3, 2010
Felizidadas! The Spanish Club members voted for their new club council, the new leaders are: President Riley Alef, Vice President Josh Hardin, Secretary Brittany Ellett, Historian Taylor McCreight, and official translator Gabriel Fernandez.
On Tuesday, Aug. 26, a representative from Memphis College of Art spoke to the Gifted Art 2,3 and 4 students.
Great job to our NA varsity football team for the whipping they put on our rivals, the Ripley Tigers. The final score was 49-0 and the game was chosen as the game of the week by WTVA.
Our next home football game is tonight against Corinth. Remember if you bought an “I love NA” t-shirt, wear it to show your Bulldog spirit. Kickoff is at 7:30 pm in “The Kitchen” – Kitchens Field.
There are two slow pitch softball games this week, one of which was played against West Union on Tuesday. The varsity played at 5:30 p.m. and Jr. Varsity played at 7:30 p.m. On Thursday, Sept. 2, the Lady Bulldogs played Itawamba. The varsity played at 5:30 p.m. and Jr. varsity played at 7:30 p.m.
If anyone is interested, the journalism class is selling their videos for $5 each. The most recent video for sale is the “Who is your hero?” video featuring the senior football players and aspiring Bulldogs from NAES. You can contact any journalism student or the journalism teacher Mrs. Lee Ann Thompson at 534-1805.
The 2010 New Albany Homecoming T-shirts are now on sale. Order forms are in all of the school offices and teachers boxes at NAES. The short sleeve shirts are light gray and have maroon, white and black ink colors. The cost is $12 and all proceeds go to the journalism class. Orders are due back by Sept. 3!
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...