Registration open for Tallahatchie River Run 5K
The 21st Annual BNA Bank Tallahatchie River Run 5K and ½ mile Fun Run will be held Saturday, September 25 in coordination with the Tallahatchie RiverFest in downtown New Albany.
“We are excited about this year’s run,” remarked race coordinator Amanda Kent. “Last year, even though we had very stormy weather early on race morning, we had a record breaking 400+ runners participate in the race!”
Since the race will utilize ChampionChip timing, runners are strongly encouraged to pre-register. Early birds may register now for a discounted rate of $16 until September 3, 2010. Pre-registration is currently open on www.racesonline.com. Runners may also pick up an application at any BNA Bank location. After September 3, the entry fee will be $20 and $25 on race day.
The River Run will begin on the Tallahatchie River Bridge and finish in front of BNA Bank. To view the course, you may log on to www.bnabank.com or www.tallahatchieriverfest.com
“We will again utilize ChampionChip Timing,” said Kent. “The ChampionChip technology allows for precision and timing accuracy in road racing performance. We want to make sure we are doing everything possible to deliver fast, accurate race results.”
After the race, runners can join the festivities around the Courthouse lawn for the Tallahatchie RiverFest. This event, celebrating the visual, literary, and performing arts, features a variety of local, regional and national entertainment. Activities and entertainment for all ages will be free to attendees. An estimated 8-10,000 people attended the 2009 festival. Be sure to plan to stay for the FREE evening concert featuring Mississippi’s own Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives!
For more information about the River Run, call 662.534.8171 or log on to www.bnabank.com.
REGISTRATION: www.racesonline.com or applications at BNA Bank.
ON RACE DAY:
½ MILE FUN RUN: Starts @ 8:00 a.m. in front of BNA Bank. The ½ mile fun run does not use Chips or numbers. All participants receive a medal.
5K INFORMATION: 5K starts at 8:30 a.m.
5K Runners must come to the Courthouse Lawn first to pick-up their ChampionChip and number.
Then proceed to the Tallahatchie River Bridge where the race will start. Awards three deep in each age group.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6