When Back-to-School Shopping, Remember the Sunscreen
Summer may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean you’re free to forget about sun protection. When shopping for back-to-school supplies, make sure to stop by the sunscreen aisle.
Children in elementary school usually have outdoor recess between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. when the sun is especially intense. Just one severe sunburn in childhood doubles the chances of developing melanoma later in life.
So while preparing for school, make sure to remind your children about the importance of applying sunscreen and seeking the shade when outdoors.
“The sun’s ultraviolet rays don’t go away when the summer is over.
“Children spend a great deal of time outdoors throughout the school years and on field trips,” said Perry Robins, MD, President of The Skin Cancer Foundation.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...