Sherman News, August 25, 2010
Sherman Day will be Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010, as we celebrate community, family, and friends. Join us for some or all of the events scheduled for the day. Events include the 3rd annual 5K Run, Fire House Poker Run, Bark in the Park, BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater.
The BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater continues to get better and better every year. Dinner will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Sherman Library. Menu includes BBQ or Chicken Strips with all the fixings. Drink and dessert are included. The Dinner Theater will begin at 7:30 p.m. inside the fire station. Doors will open at 7 p.m. Cost for the BBQ dinner and a theater ticket is $10 for adults and $6 for ages 9 and under. For the meal only, cost is $8 for adults and $4 for ages 9 and under. To purchase a dinner theater ticket only is $4 at the door.
Special guests were in Sherman Tuesday morning, Aug. 17. The president of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Masasumi Hamaguchi, and vice president David Copenhaver came by Town Hall to visit with Mayor Ben Logan and meet some of the town employees.
Bro. Don Smith will be bringing the message at 11 a.m. at Tri-County Baptist Church Sunday, Aug. 29, and the Williams family will be singing. Lunch will be served immediately after the morning service, and there will be no evening services.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth went to Danver’s last Sunday, August 15, after evening services for their youth devotional.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...