Ingomar falls at North Pontotoc tournament
The Lady Falcons are taking positives away from each of their games after playing in their first tournament of the year at North Pontotoc last Saturday.
Ingomar defeated TCPS on Thursday, 20-0, but fell to Corinth, 6-2, as the Lady Falcons are working to piece together a complete game.
“We’re taking a few positives away each game, and when we put all of those positives together, things will get better,” Ingomar head coach Andy Wilbanks said.
“We’ve played some pretty good defense at times, we just haven’t put it all together yet.”
Corinth went ahead 3-0, scoring a run in each of the first three innings. Emily Frazier brought in the first run off her single, the third straight hit in the top of the first.Elizabeth Williams’ had an RBI single in the second, and an error in the outfield brought in the game’s third run.
Ingomar got on the board in the fourth, as an error scored Mallory Adair. Anna McCutchen’s sacrifice scored the Lady Eagles’ second run in the fifth inning.
Ingomar (2-4) will host Tremont and travel to Okolona this week. All county teams will participate in the Robertson’s Sportswear tournament this Saturday.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer