Ingomar falls at North Pontotoc tournament
The Lady Falcons are taking positives away from each of their games after playing in their first tournament of the year at North Pontotoc last Saturday.
Ingomar defeated TCPS on Thursday, 20-0, but fell to Corinth, 6-2, as the Lady Falcons are working to piece together a complete game.
“We’re taking a few positives away each game, and when we put all of those positives together, things will get better,” Ingomar head coach Andy Wilbanks said.
“We’ve played some pretty good defense at times, we just haven’t put it all together yet.”
Corinth went ahead 3-0, scoring a run in each of the first three innings. Emily Frazier brought in the first run off her single, the third straight hit in the top of the first.Elizabeth Williams’ had an RBI single in the second, and an error in the outfield brought in the game’s third run.
Ingomar got on the board in the fourth, as an error scored Mallory Adair. Anna McCutchen’s sacrifice scored the Lady Eagles’ second run in the fifth inning.
Ingomar (2-4) will host Tremont and travel to Okolona this week. All county teams will participate in the Robertson’s Sportswear tournament this Saturday.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...