Toyota to announce jobs, hiring process Monday at ICC
Toyota Manufacturing-Mississippi, along with the Mississippi Development Authority, is expected to release more information on how to apply for a job at the Blue Springs plant.
The announcement is set for 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 23, at Itawamba Community College’s Belden campus.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security will handle all applications for the expected 2,000 jobs through its WIN Job Centers. The department is working to allow persons to apply for the jobs from a computer, at home or otherwise.
Toyota announced in June that it would begin preparing to open the plant late next summer or early next fall and would be producing the Corolla.
Besides the 2,000 jobs at the plant itself, at least 2,000 more will become available through Toyota suppliers.
About Chris Elkins
- UPDATE: Gazette moving to new location today April 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...