Eastern Lights, August 20, 2010
The Young at Heart will meet Aug. 25 at the Family Life Center at Pleasant Ridge for the monthly meeting. Martha Crawford of Ripley will be there demonstrating her love for pottery. Come bring a covered dish and enjoy the day.
Brother Faron and Mrs. Brenda Ash visited Randy and Pat Chism Sunday afternoon. Peggy Bell was a visitor also.
Betty Treadaway is home recuperating from a broken shoulder she received while shopping in Tupelo. She is doing well. A broken bone is always inconvenient.
Jamie and I spent a little time with Lois Wood at Graceland Monday morning. While there I looked in on Opal Smith who is very ill.
Well, today the 10th of August, those yellow buses were picking up the children again for their first day of fall semester. My, it has seemed such a short summer vacation.
Billy and Shelby Easley, Clifford and Sue Easley, Rickey and Anne Glidewell enjoyed Saturday at the Watermelon Festival at Water Valley.
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church will be hosting a gospel singing Sunday night, Aug. 29 at 7 p.m. with Steele Best as special guest.
I stopped by the Baptist Hospital-Union County Wednesday to check on Opal Smith and Charlene Garrison. Both of them are in ICU at this time.
Happy birthday to Michelle Burgess on Aug. 20, to Patricia Hall on Aug. 24, and to Patty Johnson on Aug. 25.
Mt. Olivet Methodist Church had a wonderful homecoming on Sunday, Aug. 15. Also a memory day with many pictures of the past history of the church and its founding fathers and mothers.
One picture in particular interested me of Melissa Grant. She was a correspondent of the New Albany Gazette. There were over one hundred present for the morning worship service, and a table spread with all the good things to eat fit for a king.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6