James Roy Shumpert, 56, of New Albany, died Monday, July 26, 2010 at the North MS Medical Center in Tupelo.
Visitation will be held Wednesday, July 25 from 2-5 p.m. at the Serenity Chapel in New Albany. Services will be held Thursday, July 29th at 1 p.m. at the United House of Prayer in Blue Mountain, Miss. Interment will take place at the church cemetery.
James was born October 20, 1953 in Union County, Miss. to Robert Shumpert and Genevar Foster Shumpert. He leaves loving memories with his wife Betty Lou Ivy Shumpert of Ecru, a daughter Christina Shumpert of Oxford, Miss., his brother-in-law Andrew Ivy, who he raised as his son and who was like a brother to Christine, a godson Bernard Jones, both of new Albany, three brothers Quincy Shumpert of Oxford, Willie Shumpert of Columbus, Earl Shumpert of Oswego, Ill., five sisters Dorries McKinney of New Albany, Patricia Lucas of Baldwyn, Bobbie Taylor of Holly Springs, Mable Lear of Auroria, Ill., Edith Shumpert of New Albany, his mother-in-law Ernestine Ivy of New Albany, and a host of nieces, nephews, and other family and friends.
The officiating pastor will be Bishop Henry Finley. He is preceded in death by his parents, his brother Charles Shumpert and his sister Mary Finley.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...