Health fair Saturday
One of the largest health fairs in Mississippi occurs this Saturday in New Albany.
It’s the Back-to-School Health Fair, conducted by Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County with the support of lots of other groups. The fair is geared toward children from 4 to 12 years old.
A thousand people, including about 400 children, will show up from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the hospital for a free health check, dental check and a variety of other activities.
Nancy Kidd, director of marketing and physician relations at the hospital, said the goal is to catch health problems early, provide lots of information about nutrition and safety and have fun while doing it.
“And the best part is, it’s all free,” she said.
There will be lots of things for children to see and do. A helicopter, ambulance, fire truck and law enforcement vehicles will be on display. And activities include fingerprinting, rock climbing, seatbelt safety, tobacco education, face painting and inflatables.
“We’ll even have a teddy-clinic,” she said, so children may bring their bear or doll.
Each school-age child up to 12 years old will receive a backpack for participating in a short lesson about carrying backpacks safely, and free hot dogs and drinks will be provided, Kidd said.
This program, which has been going on 21 years, is part of Baptist Memorial Hospital’s strong commitment to our community.
And it’s all part of a responsible, non-profit hospital’s mission to improve community health. We congratulate Baptist for putting on this free event.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...