Annie Ruth Knight, 74, of Southaven, died Aug. 5, 2010 at Baptist Memorial-Southaven. She was born to Arthur Lee Horton and Annie Mae Hale Horton. She was loved and cherished by all those who knew her and many found great strength and provision from her. She love playing the piano and serving the Lord at her church (where her husband was the former pastor) and her church family at Friendship Baptist Church in Holly Springs. One of her greatest desires was serving the Lord through her music ministry.
Services were at 3 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 8, 2010, at Glenfield Funeral Home in New Albany with Marvin Cox and Justin Haynes officiating. Interment will be in Enterprise Cemetery. Glenfield Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her husband of 20 years, Charles Knight; her little dog that was a constant companion, Molly; three children from her union with Harry Ausburn, Paul Michael Ausburn (Charlotte) of Olive Branch, Hugh Mitchell Ausburn of Ecru and Patricia Ruth Newman (Frankie) of Baldwyn; one child from her union with Charles Douell, Charles LeRandall Douell (Selena); a step-daughter, Brenda Kay Massey of Ecru; nine grandchildren, Steven Johnson (Michelle), LeAnne Palmer (Mark), Tiffany Wilemon (Russell), Chrystal Brooke Ausburn, Kasey Pulliam, Devin Douell; nine great-grandchildren, Faith Gurley, Tristian Johnson, Drake Johnson, Cayliana Newman, Logan Palmer, Christopher Palmer, Rebecca Palmer, Dylan Wilemon and Katy Wilemon; one brother, Elbert Horton (Lynette); four sisters, Bessie Rowland (Dan), Janette Killough (Billy), Dorothy Miller and Carol Butler (Billy).
She was preceded in death by one brother who died April 3, 1999.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m., Saturday.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...