Archive | August 10, 2010
Citizens of Myrtle will once again not see an increase in taxes as the Board of Aldermen reviewed their budget for the 2011 fiscal year. Amy Creighton of Jackson & Creighton CPA presented next year’s budget to the Aldermen, stating that Mayor Joe Rials has chosen to not increase taxes while keeping the milage rate […]
New Albany Elementary K-2 Monday Pizza w/WG crust, Tossed Salad w/dressing, Pineapple Tidbits, Sugar Cookie, Milk, variety Tuesday Cheesy Breadsticks with Marinara Sause, Cheesy Broccoli, Banana, Jello, Milk, variety Wednesday Chicken Tenders, Sweet Potatoes, Chilled Peach Slices, Whole Wheat Roll, Jello, Milk, variety Thursday Macaroni & Cheese w/Ham, Black-eyed Peas, Apple, Cornbread, Jello, Milk,variety Friday […]
James E. Hudson, 207 Cleveland, New Albany, 38, was charged with contempt of court and old fines at 12:05 p.m., Aug. 2, 2010. Stevenson Conner, 606 Glade, New Albany, 27, was charged with simple assault x 2 at 9:46 a.m., Aug. 3, 2010. Selena Hamblin, 1246 CR 205, Blue Springs, 20, was charged with disturbing […]
Reported Structure Fires: 3 Reported Commercial Structure Fires: 1 Residential Alarms: 0 Commercial Alarms: 6 Auto Extrication: 1 EMS Assists Calls: 1 Vehicle Fires: 0 Rubbish Fires: 3 Misc Calls: 10 Service Calls: 1 Total Runs for the Month of July: 26 July was a Month for Commercial alarms and miscellaneous calls, with 4 reported structure fires which resulted with no to […]
Tony Ray Arnold and Jennifer Lynn Arnold, on Aug. 6, 2010. Brody Graham McKenzie and Hattie McKenzie, on Aug. 5, 2010. Charles Dillard and Wanda Dillard, on Aug. 5, 2010.
Lisa Ann Mills and Christopher Shane Hill, both of Blue Springs, on Aug. 6, 2010. Allison Burks Norwood of Etta and Joshua Lee Tate of New Albany, on Aug. 2, 2010. Mary Elizabeth Hamberlin of New Albany and Volleney Cyle Greenhill of Baldwyn, on Aug. 5, 2010.
The Union County location of the American Red Cross is still open at its regular location, according to Union County Red Cross Director Sally Zemek. Zemek came before the Board of Supervisors Monday morning and discussed the location. “The location to the Red Cross is still open, but it is not a chapter anymore. The […]
A grant received by the Union County Historical Society from Appalachian Regional Commission to create signage at the Ingomar Mound Historic Site is underway. Paving work is being done at the site for a parking area, a walking trail is under construction, outdoor classrooms are being readied and the graphics and text for the […]
As the November general election approaches, there will be two local positions on the ballot for some voters in the county. Qualifying began Wednesday for Union County School Board position 1 and 2 and will run through Friday, Sept. 3, 2010. A candidate must be a qualified voter and a resident in the […]
- Barretta working to increase awareness of Northeast Mississippi blues influence February 25, 2015
- Weather causes rescheduling of Union County/New Albany girls basketball February 23, 2015
- Lady Falcons win division tournament February 26, 2015
- New Albany holds off Greenwood to advance February 26, 2015
- Rebels season ended by Hornets February 26, 2015
- Enrich the museum February 27, 2015
- February 27, 2015
- Today last chance to qualify for county elections February 27, 2015
- Local storm spotters play vital role in severe weather forecasting February 27, 2015
- New Albany gains representation on Craftsmen’s Guild board with Buster appointment February 27, 2015
- Bill: Heading to Memphis, Clarksdale, Natchez & New ...
- Alodia Verhage Cruz: I agree with the article except for one small part...
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...