Archive | August 10, 2010
Citizens of Myrtle will once again not see an increase in taxes as the Board of Aldermen reviewed their budget for the 2011 fiscal year. Amy Creighton of Jackson & Creighton CPA presented next year’s budget to the Aldermen, stating that Mayor Joe Rials has chosen to not increase taxes while keeping the milage rate […]
New Albany Elementary K-2 Monday Pizza w/WG crust, Tossed Salad w/dressing, Pineapple Tidbits, Sugar Cookie, Milk, variety Tuesday Cheesy Breadsticks with Marinara Sause, Cheesy Broccoli, Banana, Jello, Milk, variety Wednesday Chicken Tenders, Sweet Potatoes, Chilled Peach Slices, Whole Wheat Roll, Jello, Milk, variety Thursday Macaroni & Cheese w/Ham, Black-eyed Peas, Apple, Cornbread, Jello, Milk,variety Friday […]
James E. Hudson, 207 Cleveland, New Albany, 38, was charged with contempt of court and old fines at 12:05 p.m., Aug. 2, 2010. Stevenson Conner, 606 Glade, New Albany, 27, was charged with simple assault x 2 at 9:46 a.m., Aug. 3, 2010. Selena Hamblin, 1246 CR 205, Blue Springs, 20, was charged with disturbing […]
Reported Structure Fires: 3 Reported Commercial Structure Fires: 1 Residential Alarms: 0 Commercial Alarms: 6 Auto Extrication: 1 EMS Assists Calls: 1 Vehicle Fires: 0 Rubbish Fires: 3 Misc Calls: 10 Service Calls: 1 Total Runs for the Month of July: 26 July was a Month for Commercial alarms and miscellaneous calls, with 4 reported structure fires which resulted with no to […]
Tony Ray Arnold and Jennifer Lynn Arnold, on Aug. 6, 2010. Brody Graham McKenzie and Hattie McKenzie, on Aug. 5, 2010. Charles Dillard and Wanda Dillard, on Aug. 5, 2010.
Lisa Ann Mills and Christopher Shane Hill, both of Blue Springs, on Aug. 6, 2010. Allison Burks Norwood of Etta and Joshua Lee Tate of New Albany, on Aug. 2, 2010. Mary Elizabeth Hamberlin of New Albany and Volleney Cyle Greenhill of Baldwyn, on Aug. 5, 2010.
The Union County location of the American Red Cross is still open at its regular location, according to Union County Red Cross Director Sally Zemek. Zemek came before the Board of Supervisors Monday morning and discussed the location. “The location to the Red Cross is still open, but it is not a chapter anymore. The […]
A grant received by the Union County Historical Society from Appalachian Regional Commission to create signage at the Ingomar Mound Historic Site is underway. Paving work is being done at the site for a parking area, a walking trail is under construction, outdoor classrooms are being readied and the graphics and text for the […]
As the November general election approaches, there will be two local positions on the ballot for some voters in the county. Qualifying began Wednesday for Union County School Board position 1 and 2 and will run through Friday, Sept. 3, 2010. A candidate must be a qualified voter and a resident in the […]
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race August 21, 2015
- Everett discusses book profiling Revolutionary War spies August 21, 2015
- Elliott debunks Faulkner ‘myths’ in museum program August 26, 2015
- Northeast at New Albany NEMCC campus reports record enrollment August 26, 2015
- Mississippi Bureau of Investigation looking into stop, one-hour pursuit that ended with suspect’s unexplained death August 26, 2015
- Every vote important August 28, 2015
- No tax increase for city residents, 2016 budget largely unchanged also August 28, 2015
- Linel-up for November general election ballot finally clear August 28, 2015
- Bright wants to take another look at boxes in one-vote margin loss August 28, 2015
- Basil retains school superintendent seat; supervisor’s race down to one vote August 28, 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
© 2015 New Albany Gazette. All Rights Reserved.