Obituaries for December 16, 2009
Stewart Howell, 37
Stewart Alan Howell, age 37, of Myrtle, died Saturday, December 12, 2009 at his residence. He was born April 27, 1972 to Clyde Howell and Marion McCallen. He was a employee of Riverside Traffic Systems, Inc. He was a member of the Amaziah Baptist Church.
Services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009 at United Funeral Service’s Chapel with the Rev. Jason Howell and Rev. Randy Futral officiating. Interment in the Temperence Hill Cemetery. United Funeral Service in New Albany is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Jane Smithey Howell of Myrtle; his father and step-mother Clyde and Anasticia Howell of Hickory Flat; his mother and step-father Marion and George McCallen of Walls; 2 daughters Angel Howell of Myrtle, and Maddison Laher-Howell of Myrtle; 2 sons Chris Howell of Hickory Flat, and Ethan Howell of Myrtle; 2 sisters Michele Haley (Phillip) of Red Banks, and Krystal Chism (Brandon) of Hickory Flat; 1 niece and 2 nephews.
Pallbearers were William Carpenter, Chris Burks, Wayne Pruitt, Billy Jack Rodgers, David Farr, and Booker Farr.
Visitation was from 5 til 9 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2009 at the funeral home.
Melissa Pugh, 22
Melissa Pugh, 22, of Porter, Texas, formerly of Hickory Flat, died Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2009, suddenly in New Caney, Texas. She was born Dec. 24, 1986, in Corinth to Jeffrey Franklin Pugh and Patricia Hopkins Kennedy. She was a lead sales associate manager for Dollar General Store in Texas.
Services will be at noon Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009, at Winburn United Methodist Church in Hickory Flat. The Rev. Brownie Tohill will officiate. Interment will be in Hopewell Cemetery in Walnut. Serenity Funeral Home of New Albany is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her mother, Patricia Kennedy of Hickory Flat; a son, Adrian Michael Tijerina of Porter, Texas; her fiancampé, Mike Tijerina of Porter, Texas; her grandmother, Annie Mae Mardis of Benton County; two brothers, Christopher (Jennifer) Rutherford of Byhalia and Bradley Kennedy of Jacksonville, Ark.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jeffrey Franklin Pugh.
Visitation was from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the church.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer