Obituaries for December 16, 2009
Stewart Howell, 37
Stewart Alan Howell, age 37, of Myrtle, died Saturday, December 12, 2009 at his residence. He was born April 27, 1972 to Clyde Howell and Marion McCallen. He was a employee of Riverside Traffic Systems, Inc. He was a member of the Amaziah Baptist Church.
Services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009 at United Funeral Service’s Chapel with the Rev. Jason Howell and Rev. Randy Futral officiating. Interment in the Temperence Hill Cemetery. United Funeral Service in New Albany is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Jane Smithey Howell of Myrtle; his father and step-mother Clyde and Anasticia Howell of Hickory Flat; his mother and step-father Marion and George McCallen of Walls; 2 daughters Angel Howell of Myrtle, and Maddison Laher-Howell of Myrtle; 2 sons Chris Howell of Hickory Flat, and Ethan Howell of Myrtle; 2 sisters Michele Haley (Phillip) of Red Banks, and Krystal Chism (Brandon) of Hickory Flat; 1 niece and 2 nephews.
Pallbearers were William Carpenter, Chris Burks, Wayne Pruitt, Billy Jack Rodgers, David Farr, and Booker Farr.
Visitation was from 5 til 9 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2009 at the funeral home.
Melissa Pugh, 22
Melissa Pugh, 22, of Porter, Texas, formerly of Hickory Flat, died Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2009, suddenly in New Caney, Texas. She was born Dec. 24, 1986, in Corinth to Jeffrey Franklin Pugh and Patricia Hopkins Kennedy. She was a lead sales associate manager for Dollar General Store in Texas.
Services will be at noon Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009, at Winburn United Methodist Church in Hickory Flat. The Rev. Brownie Tohill will officiate. Interment will be in Hopewell Cemetery in Walnut. Serenity Funeral Home of New Albany is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her mother, Patricia Kennedy of Hickory Flat; a son, Adrian Michael Tijerina of Porter, Texas; her fiancampé, Mike Tijerina of Porter, Texas; her grandmother, Annie Mae Mardis of Benton County; two brothers, Christopher (Jennifer) Rutherford of Byhalia and Bradley Kennedy of Jacksonville, Ark.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jeffrey Franklin Pugh.
Visitation was from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the church.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...