Workplace Skills students complete business entrepreneurship project
On Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2009, students enrolled in Alison Moore’s Workplace Skills for the 21st Century class, participated in a unique activity involving many of New Albany’s downtown merchants. The students, all juniors and seniors from New Albany High School, Myrtle Attendance Center, and East Union Attendance Center, are currently studying entrepreneurship and learning about what it takes to start a business.
The students were taken downtown where they interviewed business owners in the following stores: The Bead Shack, The Blue Rose, Calico Mushroom, The Coffee Addict, Latham’s, Moda, Rick’s Wix/Antique Mall, Rodeo Salon, T. Sappington & Co., Something Special, Southern Traditions, Slab Stone Surfaces, Two Doors Down, and Van Atkins. Students asked the storeowners a variety of questions about how the businesses began, when they originally opened, how they have changed, and the stresses of owning a business.
The purpose of the project was to not only learn about entrepreneurship, but to also learn about the history of downtown New Albany.
After conducting the interviews, the students returned to the classroom and created presentations based on their interviews and will soon share their findings with many of the other students enrolled in the New Albany School of Career and Technical Education.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...