County offers online payment for traffic tickets
Union County just implemented a new way for people to pay their traffic tickets online instead of paying them in person at the Union County Justice Court.
The Supervisors accepted a contract Monday with the company nCourt LLC. nCourt is a government services technology company that provides software that permits people that get traffic citations to pay them on-line with a credit or debit card.
Steve Holden, an employee of nCourt, said, “What our company does is provide the county with a Web site that allows for folks to go ahead and make their traffic ticket payment before their court date using a credit or debit card over the internet or with a 1-800 number instead of having to send in a money order or send in a cashier’s check.”
nCourt will build, host, and maintain a Union County/Union County Justice Court-specific Web site for Union County with the URL, www.unioncotix.com. The citation holders will enter their citation information data, including citation number and fine amount, and then proceed to pay the citation with a credit or debit card.
“It is 100 percent free to the court, but we do however, charge a convenience fee to use our service. The Web site would be specific to Union County,” said Holden.
There is no cost to the court or county for the implementation and operation of the program. When a payment is authorized, nCourt will provide e-mail notification to the Justice Court or Union County and will update the court with payment details.
Citations that require a court appearance will be ineligible for online payment and the court will be able to reject the payment. Citation holders will be notified by automated e-mail.
For more information, go online at www.unioncotix.com or contact Larissa Edwards, Justice Court Clerk.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...