I don’t know how much rain you have experienced in your neighborhood, but we are what is known as “all wet” and it is still raining. As I have said before, I love rain, however, I do hate to see it harm crops.
At this writing, Frances Herod is very sick in Tupelo Hospital. She and husband Charles would appreciate your prayers.
On a good note, Hazel is out of ICU and into a room. Bobby and Frances Rogers visited her last Monday morning and she was talking to them and worried about her hair. Now, when a lady is worrying about her hair we know she is feeling much better. Praise the Lord! A lot of people were praying for Hazel. She is a sweet Christina lady.
Frances Wigington had a wonderful 90th Birthday Party in the Family Center at Center Baptist Church last Sunday afternoon. She looked lovely and shared a beautifully decorated cake and most delicious punch with her guests, as well as other delicacies. A large crowd attended ant it is always good to see people we haven’t seen in some time. I didn’t recognize a cousin and his wife from Collierville, Tenn., Ronald and Lynda Lyons, because they had dark hair the last time I saw them.
Mattie Wigington had called me earlier and told me Frances had gotten to make the trip to Raleigh, North Carolina, that was planned earlier. She flew with Pete and Mattie to their first grandchild’s wedding, which occurred September 5th. Best wishes to granddaughter, Nicole, and her new husband. It was Frances’ first plane ride and she was treated special as a grandmother.
Happy 1st Birthday to Hunter Hatcher whose birthday is Sunday, September 20th, and to Stephen Travis Thomas on his 3rd birthday Monday, September 21st.
I am proud of our Sunday School Class (the cemetery class) for furnishing items to go into shoeboxes to help Samaritan’s Purse deliver the gospel to many children in many different lands. Our goal was ten shoeboxes and when Jane Roberts, Bobbie Jones and I packed the boxes last Monday to see what we needed, we discovered that we had supplies enough for fifteen shoeboxes and supplies left over which we gave to WMU to help with their fifty boxes. We may have a few years on sue but we can still serve the Lord. We plan to have special prayer for our shoeboxes and we know God will watch over them and direct them into the right hands.
Saltillo Baptist Church is hosting a Ladies Conference Friday, September 18th. There will be a meal at 6 p.m. and Conference Speaker Marilyn Ford at 7:00 p.m. If she is the same Marilyn Ford I heard years ago, she is a very good speaker. “Covered By Grace” are the featured musicians. No admission charge but a love offering will be taken.
I have heard wonderful things about the recent Revival held at our neighboring Blue Springs Baptist Church. My friends, God is alive and still working in the hearts of men.
Brother Dexter Griggs sang a beautiful and thought provoking song last Sunday morning, “Keep On Praying,” after which Brother Mike Powell brought a soul searching message beginning in the Book of Genesis, Chapter 1, and going on to Ezekiel, Chapter 28, and other references.
To the Center High Class of 1949 members, we are working on a letter to you and hope you have received it by now. Thanks Catherine Dye for the list you mailed me.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...